The Enterprise Marketplace is a location to import, export, or publish applications or application profiles that you (or someone in your tenant) have already created using the CloudCenter platform.
Any permitted CloudCenter user (see Permission Control) can deploy an application from one of two Marketplace sections:
- MyCompany Private Marketplace: Includes applications that your enterprise or tenant has published and made visible to only your enterprise, tenant, or both.
Public Marketplace: Includes about one hundred applications (updated periodically) that are visible to all CloudCenter users . The applications listed in the Public Marketplace are saved in JSON format and do not contain any data.
Import from Marketplace to Applications Page
CloudCenter users can import an application from the Private or Public Marketplace to the Applications Page.
To import an application from the Marketplace, follow this process:
Access the CCM UI > Marketplace > Application dropdown list > Import
Access the CCM UI > Applications > Import > Marketplace > Application dropdown list > Import from the Applications Profiles page.
- Select the application from the Public or Private Marketplace:
- To use a pre-defined application, click More Info from the application dropdown.
- Read the cost, fees, and other details for this application. To proceed with the import, click the Import button.
- The application settings for this published application are imported to your saved applications list in the Applications page.
Export to Your Local System
You can Export a copy of an application that resides in the Marketplace or you Applications page to your local download folder.
Be aware that exported applications only contain the application definition in JSON format.
You will need to export the associated scripts separately.
When you export an application, the system saves the package using the following convention:
- If you are a user, this file is named apps.zip or apps(n).zip.
- If you are the Marketplace admin, this file is named published-apps.zip or published-apps(n).zip
The n refers to the number of export files existing in the download location.
If you are the Marketplace admin and need to export an application from the Marketplace, follow this process:
- Access the CCM UI > Marketplace > Application dropdown list > Export
Access the CCM UI > Applications > Export check the box for each package to export (or click the Select All box)
- Click Save to save the exported file to your local system.
Exported packages can be imported by another tenant.
Import from Your Local System to Marketplace
Admins can import an application file that was exported from another CloudCenter instance or another tenant to their Marketplace based on their permission level (see
Be aware that imported applications only contain the application definition.
You will need to import the associated scripts separately – unless they already exist in your CloudCenter instance.
Publish to the Marketplace
CloudCenter allows users to Publish applications to the marketplace. Applications can be published to:
- Private Marketplace: Tenant admins and users can publish to the private marketplace, where only users within a tenant can view and import applications.
- Public Marketplace: Admins can publish applications to the public marketplace of the root (or parent) tenant. Subsequently, published applications can be viewed and imported by all users and sub-tenants of the root tenant.
- By default, even a root tenant cannot publish to the Public Marketplace.
- The ability to publish to a Public Marketplace must be enabled on a per-tenant basis. If enabled for a tenant, users with the required permissions (see Permission Control) can publish to the Public (or Private) Marketplace.
- To enable a tenant to publish to the Marketplace, you need to modify the vendor.properties file for the appropriate tenant.
- SSH into the VM instance designated for the CCM by using the key pair that you used to launch the VM.
Navigate to the tenant – the following example modifies the vendor.properties file for Tenant 15:
Verify that the publishToPublic=true setting is as follows:
- Save the file.
Restart the Tomcat service.
- No labels