The Enterprise Marketplace is a location to import, export, or publish applications or application profiles that you (or someone in your tenant) have already created using the CloudCenter platform.
Any permitted CloudCenter user (see Permission Control) can deploy an application from one of two Marketplace sections:
- MyCompany Private Marketplace: Includes applications that your enterprise or tenant has published and made visible to only your enterprise, tenant, or both.
Public Marketplace: Includes about one hundred applications (updated periodically) that are visible to all CloudCenter users . The applications listed in the Public Marketplace are saved in JSON format and do not contain any data.
Import from Marketplace to Applications Page
CloudCenter users can import an application from the Private or Public Marketplace to the Applications Page.
To import an application from the Marketplace, follow this process:
Access the CCM UI > Marketplace > Application dropdown list > Import
Access the CCM UI > Applications > Import > Marketplace > Application dropdown list > Import from the Applications Profiles page.
- Select the application from the Public or Private Marketplace:
- To use a pre-defined application, click More Info from the application dropdown.
- Read the cost, fees, and other details for this application. To proceed with the import, click the Import button.
- The application settings for this published application are imported to your saved applications list in the Applications page.
Export to Your Local System
You can Export a copy of an application that resides in the Marketplace or you Applications page to your local download folder.
Be aware that exported applications only contain the application definition in JSON format.
You will need to export the associated scripts separately.
When you export an application, the system saves the package using the following convention:
- If you are a user, this file is named apps.zip or apps(n).zip.
- If you are the Marketplace admin, this file is named published-apps.zip or published-apps(n).zip
The n refers to the number of export files existing in the download location.
If you are the Marketplace admin and need to export an application from the Marketplace, follow this process:
Access the CCM UI > Marketplace > Application dropdown list > Export
Access the CCM UI > Applications > Export check the box for each package to export (or click the Select All box)
Click Save to save the exported file to your local system.
Exported packages can be imported by another tenant.
Import from Your Local System to Marketplace
Admins can import an application file that was exported from another CloudCenter instance or another tenant to their Marketplace based on their permission level (see
Be aware that imported applications only contain the application definition.
You will need to import the associated scripts separately – unless they already exist in your CloudCenter instance.
Publish to the Marketplace
CloudCenter allows users to Publish applications to the marketplace. Applications can be published to:
- Private Marketplace: Tenant admins and users can publish to the private marketplace, where only users within a tenant can view and import applications.
- Public Marketplace: Admins can publish applications to the public marketplace of the root (or parent) tenant. Subsequently, published applications can be viewed and imported by all users and sub-tenants of the root tenant.
- By default, even a root tenant cannot publish to the Public Marketplace.
- The ability to publish to a Public Marketplace must be enabled on a per-tenant basis. If enabled for a tenant, users with the required permissions (see Permission Control) can publish to the Public (or Private) Marketplace.
Enable Tenant to Publish to Public Marketplace
You cannot enable a tenant to publish to the Public Marketplace from the CCM UI. You can only do so from the CCM API as described in this section.
To enable a tenant to publish to the Marketplace, follow this procedure.
Use the following APIs to retrieve some basic information:
Use the View Tenants API for your current tenant to determine your Tenant ID:
You can override the default property as a ROOT Admin or a Tenant Admin. Either way, your login credentials determine if you are an admin (platform (root), tenant admin, or co-admin) or a user. See CloudCenter API Overview > Who Can Use CloudCenter APIs? for additional context.
Use the View All Tenant Properties API to determine the propertyId for the applicable property name (propertyName) for this password-based authentication (enable.appstore.publishToPublic) setting, which has an ID of 55.
You have now overridden the default publishToPublic usage in order to publish to a Public Marketplace on a per-tenant basis.
- No labels