Configure an Alibaba Cloud
Be aware that these screen captures may change based on the Alibaba Cloud Platform changes. They are provided in this section as a point of reference.
Before mapping an Alibaba cloud on the CloudCenter platform, verify the following Alibaba requirements:
A valid Alibaba Cloud Platform account.
- Access to the following services (highlighted in orange rectangles in the image above, you must enable these services in the Alibaba cloud console):
- Elastic Compute Service
- Virtual Private Cloud
- Elastic IP Address
- Elastic Compute Service
- Access to ID and Access Keys: Alibaba Cloud Console's AccessKeys screen:
- Access ID: The Alibaba Cloud access key ID is the identification proof of your access to Alibaba Cloud APIs.
- Access Keys: The 28 character, Alibaba cloud access key secret to identify this account's access parameters.
- Account ID: Alibaba Cloud Console's Security Settings screen: This setting is required to link accounts and to download images.
Be aware of the following restrictions/limitations when configuring the Alibaba cloud:
- The instances supported for each region differs from region to region. The Alibaba SDK and the Alibaba Web Interface differs in the instances listed for each zone. You can add new instances using the CCM UI – see Manage Instance Types for additional context.
Alibaba Cloud does not currently allow querying/setting user data on custom images.
The CloudCenter platform relies on a hosted metadata service from Cisco (mds.cliqrtech.com) to fetch user data for each instance. This requires a public IP address.
If the admin uses Alibaba Public Images, then the CloudCenter platform uses Alibaba’s metadata service to fetch these images.
The CloudCenter platform currently supports the Ultra Cloud Disks for the OS (system disks) – the Cloud Efficiency Disk configuration (this is the default setting for the Alibaba cloud). The SSD Cloud Disks option is currently not supported by the CloudCenter platform for system disks.
However, when deploying storage types for data disks, the CloudCenter platform supports both options:
- The CloudCenter platform supports public IP only using Elastic IP addresses. This allows users to select 0 Mbps bandwidth. When creating the Elastic IP Pool, the admin can assign maximum bandwidth for the account according to the application requirements. In the Alibaba console, select the required zone and configure this setting as required for your environment.
- Alibaba Cloud in any region may run out of resources and is then marked sold-out (or in the case of APIs, the resource has run out) CloudCenter users must check their Alibaba’s Console and retry the operation once resource are available.
- All instances are priced using the Pay-As-You-Go model. The CloudCenter platform does not support Alibaba’s Subscription-based Pricing Model.
The Instance Charge Type is always Post-Paid based on the Pay-As-You-Go model.
- The CloudCenter platform assumes that all instances are I/O optimized (default in most configurations and cannot be configured).
- The CloudCenter platform does not support the Alibaba Classic Network Type – and only supports the VPC Network Type.
- The CloudCenter platform only supports image names suffixed as follows:
To configure the logical mapping for a Alibaba cloud, follow this procedure.
- Access the CCM UI > Admin > Clouds > Add Cloud in the CCM UI main menu.
- Select the Alibaba Cloud Platform option, provide a Name and Description for this cloud, and click Save.
- Locate the newly-added cloud and click the Add Cloud Account link. The Add Cloud Account pop-up displays:
Assign a new cloud account name.
Add the following Cloud Credentials associated with your Alibaba account and click Save.
Account Email: The email address that you used to log into the Alibaba Cloud Platform account.
Account Id: The Alibaba account ID for the Alibaba account as identified in Prerequisites section above.
- Access Id: The 16-character Alibaba Access Key ID for the Alibaba account as identified in Prerequisites section above.
- Access Key: The 28-character API Access Secret for the Alibaba account as identified in the Prerequisites section above.
Click the Regions tab.
Click the Regions tab to add a cloud region.
- Click Add Cloud Regions.
- Select the required regions for this cloud.
- Add the Region Name and an optional Display Name for this cloud region.
The Instance Types, the Storage Types, and the Image Maps sections are automatically populated with as soon as you add the region.
(Optional) Click Edit Cloud Settings to update the Alibaba cloud settings for each region.
Region Endpoint: Auto-populated with the selected region name.
If you Edit Cloud Settings, you must save the changes to the CCO to ensure that these changes are also propagated to CCOs inside a firewall configuration.
If your CCO is already configured, you must re-register the CCO for these Cloud Settings to take effect.
To complete the cloud configuration, you must register the CCO with the CCM.Register the CCO with the CCM
Register thewith the
Cloud Region Nuances
Once you register a CCO with the CCM, the CloudCenter platform considers this cloud region to be active and you can only delete the cloud region from the CloudCenter platform under specific conditions. See Cloud Region Configuration > Delete Cloud Region for additional details.
While the example provided references the AWS cloud, be aware that the screen captures may differ for each cloud.
To register thewith the , follow this procedure:
In the Configure Orchestrator popup, provide theIP address that is accessible by and select the cloud account that is used to host the :
If you are not already at this page, verify that you are in the Configure Regions page (Admin > Clouds > Configure Regions for the required cloud).
Click Configure Orchestrator in the Regions tab.
Orchestrator IP or DNS: Provide the IP or DNS address for the CCO server.
Remote Desktop Gateway DNS or IP: The IP address of the Guacamole server (enables browser-based access to the VMs). If the Guacamole component resides in the AMQP server, provide the IP address of the AMQP server.
Cloud Account: Select the cloud account that you want to use with this CCO.
Amazon Cloud Nuance
This setting is important if you have configured an IAM Role. Be sure to select the cloud account that contains this role.
Click Save. Theand have now established a mutual trust relationship. The CloudCenter platform now manages the cloud region with the deployed .
If in HA mode while registering, provide the IP or DNS of the CCO_LB server in the Orchestrator IP or DNS field and the AMQP_LB server IP or DNS in the Remote Desktop Gateway DNS or IP field.
You have registered theVM and completed your configuration.
You have the following options at this point:
Add other cloud regions and register a CCO for each of these clouds. See Per Cloud Region (Required) for additional context.
Map your images. See Map Images for additional context.
If you need to grant permissions to launch images for your cloud account, see Image Launch Permissions.
Model, Deploy, and Manage Applications. See Application Profile for additional context.
Return to: Configure Cloud(s)