A valid Alibaba Cloud Platform account.
- Access to the following services (highlighted in orange rectangles in the image above, you must enable these services in the Alibaba cloud console):
- Elastic Compute Service
- Virtual Private Cloud
- Elastic IP Address
- Elastic Compute Service
- Access to ID and Access Keys: Alibaba Cloud Console's AccessKeys screen:
- Access ID: The Alibaba Cloud access key ID is the identification proof of your access to Alibaba Cloud APIs.
- Access Keys: The 28 character, Alibaba cloud access key secret to identify this account's access parameters.
- Account ID: Alibaba Cloud Console's Security Settings screen: This setting is required to link accounts and to download images.
Be aware of the following restrictions/limitations when configuring the Alibaba cloud:
- The instances supported for each region differs from region to region. The Alibaba SDK and the Alibaba Web Interface differs in the instances listed for each zone. You can add new instances using the CCM UI – see Manage Instance Types for additional context.
Alibaba Cloud does not currently allow querying/setting user data on custom images.
The CloudCenter platform relies on a hosted metadata service from Cisco (mds.cliqrtech.com) to fetch user data for each instance. This requires a public IP address.
If the admin uses Alibaba Public Images, then the CloudCenter platform uses Alibaba’s metadata service to fetch these images.
The CloudCenter platform currently supports the Ultra Cloud Disks for the OS (system disks) – the Cloud Efficiency Disk configuration (this is the default setting for the Alibaba cloud). The SSD Cloud Disks option is currently not supported by the CloudCenter platform for system disks.
However, when deploying storage types for data disks, the CloudCenter platform supports both options:
- The CloudCenter platform supports public IP only using Elastic IP addresses. This allows users to select 0 Mbps bandwidth. When creating the Elastic IP Pool, the admin can assign maximum bandwidth for the account according to the application requirements. In the Alibaba console, select the required zone and configure this setting as required for your environment.
- Alibaba Cloud in any region may run out of resources and is then marked sold-out (or in the case of APIs, the resource has run out) CloudCenter users must check their Alibaba’s Console and retry the operation once resource are available.
- All instances are priced using the Pay-As-You-Go model. The CloudCenter platform does not support Alibaba’s Subscription-based Pricing Model.
The Instance Charge Type is always Post-Paid based on the Pay-As-You-Go model.
- The CloudCenter platform assumes that all instances are I/O optimized (default in most configurations and cannot be configured).
- The CloudCenter platform does not support the Alibaba Classic Network Type – and only supports the VPC Network Type.
- The CloudCenter platform only supports image names suffixed as follows:
- Access the CCM UI > Admin > Clouds > Add Cloud in the CCM UI main menu.
- Select the Alibaba Cloud Platform option, provide a Name and Description for this cloud, and click Save.
- Locate the newly-added cloud and click the Add Cloud Accountlink. The Add Cloud Account pop-up displays:
Assign a new cloud account name.
Add the following Cloud Credentials associated with your Alibaba account and click Save.
Account Email: The email address that you used to log into the Alibaba Cloud Platform account.
Account Id: The Alibaba account ID for the Alibaba account as identified in Prerequisites section above.
- Access Id: The 16-character Alibaba Access Key ID for the Alibaba account as identified in Prerequisites section above.
- Access Key: The 28-character API Access Secret for the Alibaba account as identified in the Prerequisites section above.
Click the Regions tab.
Click the Regions tab to add a cloud region.
- Click Add Cloud Regions.
- Select the required regions for this cloud.
- Add the Region Name and an optional Display Name for this cloud region.
The Instance Types, the Storage Types, and the Image Maps sections are automatically populated with as soon as you add the region.
(Optional) Click Edit Cloud Settings to update the Alibaba cloud settings for each region.
Region Endpoint: Auto-populated with the selected region name.
Note title Caution
If you Edit Cloud Settings, you must save the changes to the CCO to ensure that these changes are also propagated to CCOs inside a firewall configuration.
If your CCO is already configured, you must re-register the CCO for these Cloud Settings to take effect.
To complete the cloud configuration, you must register the CCO with the CCM.
Expand title Register the CCO with the CCM Include Page Register the CCO with the CCM Register the CCO with the CCM